from the official CMOA website: https://cmoa.org/event/third-thursday-art-wars/
DEC 21, 2017 8:00 pm–11:00 pmCARNEGIE MUSEUM OF ART
Early-Bird Tickets (by December 15): $10 (Members $8; Students $5)
Regular Tickets (after December 15): $15 (Members and Students $10)
Join CMOA for our final Third Thursday of the year as we celebrate the launch of another entry into the Star Wars universe with a spaced-out art and dance party. Choose the light or dark side of the force, dress up in your intergalactic gear, and enjoy:
- special Star Wars-themed gallery tours
- Jedi (or Sith) training academy with stage fight choreographer Tonya Lynn
- special appearances by some of your favorite costumed characters
- REkOGNIZE, a three-channel video installation by Han Solo standalone film cinematographer Bradford Young
- dance beats from a galaxy far, far away with Keith DeVries (aka KMFD)
- in-gallery discussions of Ian Cheng’s artificially-intelligent artwork Emissary Sunsets The Self
- galactic drawing in Carnegie Science Center’s mobile planetarium
- a Star Wars costume contest, featuring great museum prizes
- space cocktails in our alien cantina (The Café Carnegie)
We’ll also be giving away tickets throughout the night to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi at Carnegie Science Center’s new Rangos Giant Cinema, the most technologically advanced movie theater in western Pennsylvania.
Use the force (of a mouse click) to buy your tickets today!
Please note that no guns (fake or otherwise) including lightsabers, masks, or backpacks are allowed. (Face paint is permitted.) We will offer several lightsabers for photo opportunities, don’t you worry!