My husband and I have two daughters, and they are the light of our lives. When I was pregnant with our second child, we naturally thought it would be cool to have a boy. But when we got confirmation that indeed it was another little girl, I was so excited. I couldn’t wait to raise our two little girls and enjoy their unbreakable bond as sisters. So far it has been amazing to see their relationship flourish and how much they love each other.
Here is a list of reasons why I think having girls is so much fun!
- I was raised with three boys and always wanted to have a sister. I wanted a sister to play dolls with, do our make up together, and talk about boys with!
- I will be that obnoxious mom that dresses them up in identical outfits for special occasions down to the same hair bow, at least while they are still little enough to let me.
- I feel like I have two little dolls that I get to dress up in super cute clothes. Let’s admit it, girl clothes can be so much cuter than boy clothes!
- We saved so much money on clothes for our second daughter. Even though they are four years apart, we kept a ton of our oldest daughter’s clothes and we are so glad we did! I get to watch the cute outfits and shoes that I loved the first time around get used again.
- We will get to watch our little girls fall in love one day and get married, it will be so exciting to help them plan their big day and be a part of it.
- One day they will have their own children and I will get to be there for that special time in their lives. I will get to plan baby showers, and to spoil my grandchildren.
- They will have each other’s back no matter what. They will love each other unconditionally like only sisters would.
- Most importantly, in today’s world, I will teach my daughters how to follow their dreams and never settle for less. I want to raise them to be strong and confident girls and to always stand together, even through life’s toughest moments. That’s what sisters are for!
I am looking forward to seeing my girls grow up and become fearless, assertive, and independent women. By navigating this crazy world together as sisters, I know nothing can stop them.