Eclair Cake with Graham Cracker Crust
Creamy chocolate eclair cake. More pudding like than cake like but loved by all ages!
Write a review
- 1 (1 lb) box graham crackers
- 2 (3.25 oz) boxes instant french vanilla pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk, plus 1/3 cup for frosting
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Butter the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan. Line the whole pan with graham crackers.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix pudding with 3 1/2 cups milk; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour half the pudding mixture over graham crackers. Place another layer of whole graham crackers on top of pudding layer. Pour over remaining half of pudding mixture and cover with another layer of graham crackers.
- For frosting, blend together sugar and cocoa. Add butter and 1/3 cup milk, mixing well. Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until creamy.
- Cover cake with frosting and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Cake is good with one layer of graham crackers on the bottom, then pudding, then cover with chocolate topping. If you have a function you are making this yummy dessert for, it is good to make it two nights before the event to ensure that all the pudding and topping settles.
Pittsburgh Moms Blog https://www.citymomsblog.com/